Who would have thought that a combination such as Watermelon, Peach, Tomato, Feta, and Panzanella would work so well together? But with this dish, you get the sweet and salty flavors joined together in perfect harmony. The bread soaks up the juices and it is fantastic! This salad makes for the perfect summer’s day lunch.
- 1 baguette, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 5 c. watermelon, cut into chunks
- 3 medium ripe peaches, cut into chunks
- 6 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 c. feta, crumbled
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Turn oven on high broil.
- Place baguette cubes onto a baking sheet and drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil on top. Broil for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place watermelon, peaches, tomatoes, and feta into a large bowl.
- In a mason jar, pour in balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and honey. Secure lid and shake until combined. Add bread to mixture in bowl and pour vinaigrette on top. Mix panzanella together. Bread should soak up some of the juices and soften.