Independence Day is a time for family, friends, picnics, and fireworks. This colorful red, white, and blue watermelon salad recipe is perfect for Independence Day! Watermelon, tomatoes, white peaches, bananas, blueberries, and a zing of jalapeño, topped with a yogurt cheese dressing — It’s a juicy, refreshing and delicious celebration for the 4th of July.
- 1 qt. blueberries
- 2 white peaches, diced
- 2 Creole tomatoes, diced
- 3 banana peppers, diced
- 1/2 large watermelon, sliced into 1 inch round slices
- 1 pt. yogurt cheese
- 1/2 tsp. jalapeño, minced
- 3 tbsp. basil, chopped (I used a mix lemon basil, blue basil, and Christmas basil)
- 1 tsp. lemon thyme
- In a large bowl, mix together blueberries, peaches, Creole tomatoes, and banana peppers.
- Place enough of the mixture to cover a whole slice of watermelon.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together yogurt cheese, jalapeño, and herbs.
- Drizzle yogurt cheese dressing on top of fruit mixture.
- Cut watermelon salad into slices like pizza.