Gazpacho is a cold soup made of raw, blended vegetables and fruits, a classic of Spanish cuisine. Gazpacho is widely eaten in Spain and Portugal, particularly during the hot summers, as it is refreshing and cool. Chef Eliana’s Melon Gazpacho with Oregano Oil is made from juicy watermelon and cantaloupe and topped with a drizzle of oregano oil, toasted chopped walnuts, and feta cheese crumble to make the best summer soup that requires no cooking.
- 4 c. ripe seedless watermelon
- 1 c. cantaloupe
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- Dash of white pepper
- Place inside a blender and purée.
- Top with a drizzle of oregano oil, toasted chopped walnuts, and feta cheese crumbles.
- Place in a food processor and blend until oregano is fully incorporated into oil.