- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. top round beef, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 2 c. Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 6 small potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 6 c. chicken or beef stock
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot, brown beef in olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, bell pepper, Italian seasoning, and cumin. Cook for five minutes more.
- Add Brussels sprouts, potatoes, diced tomatoes, stock, and white pepper. Mix soup thoroughly. Salt to taste.
- Cook for 1 hour or until beef and Brussels sprouts are tender.