Basic Beef Stew May 9, 2019 – Posted in: Dinner
This basic beef stew will warm and fill your tummy, for sure! It’s the perfect cold weather stew. From the inviting aroma to the hearty taste, every dish of this beef stew recipe promises warmth, comfort, and satisfaction. A simple stew that goes great with a crusty slice of whole-wheat or sourdough baguette for dipping!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 lb. beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. seasoning salt
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 4 c. beef or chicken stock
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 c. white wine
- 1 lb. baby carrots, peeled
- 2 lbs. potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- In a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil.
- Sauté onion and garlic.
- When onions are translucent, add beef.
- Brown meat and then add flour, Italian seasoning, seasoning salt, and thyme.
- Mix well.
- Add stock, tomato sauce, white wine, and carrots.
- Bring to a boil and then lower to simmer. Cover and cook for one hour.
- Add potatoes. Cover and cook for one more hour.
Copyright © 2019 ChefEliana.com All Rights Reserved.