Hey Young Chefs!
Today, I interviewed Ms. Elana Amsterdam of Elana’s Pantry. Elana Amsterdam is a nationally-renowned chef, eco-entrepreneur, and gluten-free guru. She is the author of The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook. Ms. Elana has been featured in such prestigious magazines as Shape, Delicious Living, The Washington Post, and The Wall Street Journal. Ms. Elana’s website receives an astounding 1 million visitors per month and is coveted for its weekly recipes, ingredient selection, food purchasing, and food preparation tips.
I didn’t have my regular segments. Instead, I talked about the Farm to Table International Symposium I attended co-sponsored by the SoFab (Southern Food and Beverage) Institute. I talked about:
Friday, August 2, 2013
* William Rubel keynote aobut Early Modern Kitchen Gardens
* New Farming, New Farmers session
* The cool farm to table luncheon
* My interview with White House Executive Pastry Chef, Bill Yosses
* Journalism session
Saturday, August 3, 2013
* White House Pastry Chef Bill Yosses’ keynote about the Science Behind Food
* Great American Seafood Cook-off as part of the Louisiana Foodservice and Hospitality Expo sponsored by the Louisiana Restaurant Association
* Chef David Binkle, Food Service Director of the Los Angeles Unified School District’s keynote about Changing School Lunches
* SoFAB Gala
Sunday, August 4 , 2013
* Book Signing at A Tisket A Tasket in the French Quarter
That’s it for this week! Join me next week when I interview Lisa Wagner, Author of Cool World Cooking: Fun and Tasty Recipes for Kids.
Bon Appetit, Kid Chef Eliana